SKIRTS: PATTERN DESIGN & TAILORING
Do you struggle to find a perfect skirt?
The only way to have a perfectly fitted skirt is to make it based on YOUR unique measurements. You might have tried some ready-made patterns and discovered that they don't solve the problem either. How could they? They are not designed for your body shape.
Let us teach you the best-kept secret: drafting your own skirt pattern is really simple. We made it easy for you: we stripped off all the complicated lingo or boring formulas. Follow our course step by step and you'll learn how to design and make DOZENS of skirts! Any style you want, as many pockets as you wish and all of them fit YOUR body perfectly!
You will also receive a Sewing machine crash course (worth £25) completely for free with this course
Available immediately after purchase!
Drafting a skirt pattern block based on your own measurements is the key to a well-fitted skirt
• Learn to take your measurements for a skirt
• Learn to draft a skirt block for your measurements
• Learn the principles of skirt construction
• Learn how to adjust the skirt pattern for a perfect fit
MAKING A MINI SKIRT
A timeless classic – a woollen mini skirt with lining or a modern take with a jersey fabric? You choose!
• Learn how to draft a pattern for a mini skirt
• Learn how to do a ladder stitch
• Learn to make a lining for a skirt
• Learn how to attach a zip
• Learn how to make a skirt with lining
• Learn how to make a skirt with a waistband
• Learn how to make a pencil skirt with a slit
• Learn how to make skirts without lining & without waistbands
• Learn how to make a skirt with an elasticated waistband
• Learn how to calculate fabric stretch factor
• Learn how to design patterns for stretchy fabrics
Moving darts is the most fun part of skirt design. Open up for creativity!
• Learn dart manipulation
• Learn how to make a skirt with a yoke
• Learn how to design a yoke
• Learn how to create any pattern you want from the basic skirt block
SKIRTS WITH PLEATS
Skirts with pleats are always in fashion. Learn to design three different types of pleats.
• Learn to design skirts with inverted pleats
• Learn to design skirts with boxed pleats
• Learn to design skirts with knife pleats
• Learn to add top pockets to a skirt
• Learn to design tweed skirts
• Learn to design skirts with multi-colour pleats
• Learn to design pleated tartan skirts
MAXI PENCIL SKIRT
The pencil skirt is another classic: flattering and effortlessly chic!
• Learn to design a maxi pencil skirt
• Learn to design a skirt with a front slit
Wrap skirts create a beautiful visual effect and add more character to a skirt
• Learn to design a pattern for a wrap skirt
• Learn to make a tulip wrap skirt
• Learn to make hip pockets
Simple classic reimagined
• Learn to design a pattern for full-, half- or double-sun skirts
• Learn to design a low-high hem circular skirt